- Lease ends at noon! Be aware that the lease ends at noon on the last day of your lease, unless you renewed. Anything left in your apartment after your lease expires will be considered abandoned. We will not be responsible for damage or loss of your personal property left behind so this means nothing can be stored in your apartment after the lease expires. Possession reverts back to Olive Tree Properties at noon on the last date of your lease.
- Stay Current on Rent and Utilities! Even if you leave town, you will still be held responsible for your apartment and the utilities must remain on until the lease term ends AND you have given us 3 days notice that they will be turned off. You will be accountable for any damages incurred if you turn them off before hand (think...refrigerator, not just gross but potentially unsalvageable, among other potential problems). Staying on top of these things will avoid unpleasant surprises and loss of security deposits.
- Clean Up/Move Out! Arrange with your roommates about who will clean your apartment at the end of the lease term unless you plan that it be done following your move out and deducted from the deposit. Do it right, and you might save some money; do it wrong, and it could be even more painful. You need to vacuum all the floors and you should mop all hard floors.
- All work must be completed prior to the move-out inspection or whatever work is necessary will be done after you move out and itemized on your security deposit statement. Security deposits will be mailed to the legal designate on the lease within 45 days after the lease term ends.
- Tenants are responsible for scheduling a move out inspection during our office hours. You do not have to be present for the move-out inspection; however, do not forget to return keys. The inspection must be scheduled at least 72 hours prior to move out. The move out inspection can only be completed when the unit is empty and keys are surrendered to Olive Tree Properties. Utilities must remain on until after the move-out inspection has been completed and tenants will be responsible for utilities during the time repairs need to be made.
Sit back, relax (or what about my deposit?). Deposits will be refunded after inspection. The security deposit cannot be used for rent.
If your home will be unoccupied prior to your move out date, please inform us immediately. DO NOT disconnect the utilities. Please call us to discuss an alternate inspection date if you wish to leave earlier.