The following items constitute an “emergency” and should be called in immediately to receive service:
- No heat in winter (below 55 degrees inside for more than 24 hours)
- Broken or frozen water pipe
- Water leak and/or roof leak (major – more than a minor drip).
- Gas leaks (contact RG&E at (800) 743-1702 immediately from a neighbor’s phone or from a cell phone used OUTSIDE the apartment)
- Electrical outage may be considered an emergency but only if there is no electricity throughout the unit AND:
- you have checked all circuit breakers by flipping them hard to the OFF position and then hard to the ON position and have reset all GFI breakers (these are the little buttons sometimes found on outlets in bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms, and garages) OR any burned out fuses have been replaced.
- you have called RG&E AND RG&E is not at fault
- Clogged toilet (only if there is only 1 bathroom in the residence and you have already tried plunging it).
- Any other condition that affects life, safety or is necessary to preserve the condition of the apartment. We also have a more complete list, including what is NOT considered an emergency (AC not working is one of them).
Hint: If you have time to look it up on the website, the problem is probably not an after hours emergency.
Thanks! We hope you never have an actual emergency, but if you ever do, please call us immediately.
If it is not an emergency, email us at Maintenance@OliveTreeProps.com